Spanish Pork And Rice Casserole
|Pork chops||4 Large|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Use as required)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Green pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 (1 Package)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Italian tomatoes||1 Large, peeled|
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a large frying pan, lightly brown both sides of the chops in hot olive oil.
3) Transfer the chops in a plate and discard excess fat with a sharp knife.
4) In a shallow ovenproof baking dish or casserole, arrange the chops.
5) Sprinkle the chops with salt and pepper.
6) In the frying pan, add green pepper and onion in remaining fat.
7) Fry them over medium heat to golden.
8) Stir in rice and cook, until golden. Add little olive oil, if necessary.
9) Soak the vegetables in chicken stock and tomatoes.
10) Cover chops with this mixture. Sprinkle salt, pepper and paprika, to season.
11) Tightly cover the baking dish, with a piece of aluminum foil or its lid.
12) Place inside oven to for 40 to 50 minutes, or until rice tastes done and pork is tender.
13) Serve warm with green salad.