Spanish Garden Chili
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bulgur||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), uncooked|
|No salt tomato sauce||15 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fat-free vegetarian chili with black beans||1 Can (10 oz) (Health Valley, Mild Or Spicy According To Taste)|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped green onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, sauté onion, green pepper and zucchini in water for about 5 minutes until vegetables become soft.
2) Stir in bulgur and cook for 1 more minute, stirring continuously.
3) Bring the mixture to a boil after adding in tomato sauce.
4) Reduce heat and then simmer, covered for 15 minutes until bulgur is just soft.
5) Mix in black bean chili and corn and uncover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked well.
6) Top with yogurt, cilantro, jalapeno peppers and green onion and serve hot in bowls.
Calories 770 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.2%
Saturated Fat 0.21 g1.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 442.9 mg18.5%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.2%
Dietary Fiber 36 g144.1%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 42 g84.1%
Vitamin A 123.1% Vitamin C 184.7%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 27.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet