|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Saffron threads/Turmeric||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Ml)|
|Cooked lobster meat||4 Ounce (Optional, 125 Gram)|
|Canned pimento||1 , cut in strips (Or Bottled)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cooked peas||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Cooked prawns||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Cooked shelled mussels||8|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4
2) Remove the skin from the chicken joints.
3) Heat a pan with oil or butter until light brown and crisp. Remove from the pan and drain excess oil.
4) In the same pan, add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
5) Put in rice and stir for one minute.
6) Sprinkle saffron (or turmeric) into the chicken stock and pour into the pan.
7) Throw in the bay leaf, and allow it to come to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
8) Take a large greased casserole, transfer the rice mixture into it. Keep chicken joints on top.
9) Cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes.
10) Take the peas, prawns, lobster, mussels, and strips of pimento and arrange them over the rice and chicken.
11) Bake in oven, uncovered for 10-15 minutes.
12) Serve hot.