|Eggplant||1 Medium, pared and diced into small cubes|
|Bacon drippings||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Small, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Lightly grease an 8-cup baing dish.
2) In a large frying pan, saute eggplant in bacon drippings.
3) Place the sauteed eggplants in baking dish.
4) In same pan, saute onions, tomatoes and add sugar, chili parsley, salt and pepper.
5) Heat the mixture until boiled and pour it over eggplants.
6) Top eggplants with cheese and crumbs.
7) In moderate oven at temperature 350, bake the eggplants for 45 minutes or until eggplant is soft.
8) Serve the Spanish eggplants as side dish.