|Broiler fryer||3 Pound, cut up|
|Onion||1 Small, peeled and sliced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Regular rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), uncooked|
|Instant minced onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|French salad dressing mix||1 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Romaine head||1⁄2 , separated into leaves|
|Canned minced clams||14 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 7 Ounces Each)|
|Salami||1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, diced|
|Marinated artichoke hearts||6 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Pimientos||4 Ounce, drained and diced (1 Can / Jar)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce, cooked and drained (1 Package)|
|Pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Take a medium size frying pan, mix together chicken, onion, celery tops, salt, and 1 cup water.
2. Cover the pan and simmer for 45 minutes or until the ingredients are soft.
3. Discard the broth and let it cool down. After that, remove the skin and separate the bones from the meat.
4. Dice the meat portion. Strain the broth in 4 cups for the next step.
5. In a large saucepan, mix together rice with instant onion and saffron.
6. Add water in the chicken broth and measure the liquid needed for rice package. Add the rice. Cook as per the directions.
7. Make salad dressing by combining vegetable oil, vinegar, and water. Follow label directions.
8. Mix with rice and fold in chicken. Chill for one hour to season properly.
9. Take a large shallow serving dish and line it with romaine.
10. Add clams, salami, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and liquid, and pimientos in the rice mixture.
11. Add romaine on the top. Add peas and tuck olives into peas.
12. Garnish with a large Pimiento Rose and serve hot.
Calories 743 Calories from Fat 329
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.6%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.1 mg56%
Sodium 966.3 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 53 g105.2%
Vitamin A 90.6% Vitamin C 67.3%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 92.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet