Quick And Easy Paella
|Olive oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Medium shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, peeled, deveined|
|Sea scallops||1⁄2 Pound|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1 cup|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced to make 3 teaspoons (Or To Taste)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Ounce (juice reserved)|
|Hot sauce||2 Dash (Or To Taste)|
|Medium white grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Preferably Arborio)|
|Canned chicken broth/Canned low-sodium chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced pimientos||4 Ounce, drained, rinsed (Jar)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), Defrosted|
1) In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over moderately high heat.
2) Put shrimp and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes till pink.
3) Pour the shrimp with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
4) In the skillet add another teaspoon of oil.
5) Add scallops in the oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes till lightly browned.
6) Place the scallops with slotted spoon to the bowl.
7) Add remaining oil to the pan, sauté the chicken for 4 minutes.
8) With a slotted spoon transfer it to the bowl.
9) Add onion and garlic to the pan.
10) Cook the mixture for 6 minutes over low heat till onion changes colour.
11) Add tomatoes, saffron, paprika, and hot sauce, and simmer the mixture for 3 minutes.
12) Stir in rice and coat well in the mixture.
13) Add broth and bring to boil.
14) Cover tightly with a lid and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
15) Stir in shrimp, scallops, chicken, pimientos, and peas.
16) Cook the paella covered, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes till rice is tender.
17) Season with salt and pepper.