Vegetarian Spanish Rice
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green pepper||50 Milliliter, finely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||455 Milliliter, chopped and drained (Reserve Liquid)|
|Long grain rice||250 Milliliter|
1) Take a 2 L (8 cup) microwave safe casserole, and mix onion, green pepper and butter.
2) Microwave at HIGH for 4 to 5 minutes; stir once.
3) Pour in enough water to the reserved liquid so that it equals 500 mL (2 cups).
4) Put in tomatoes, rice, and season.
5) Cover with lid, and microwave at HIGH for 8 minutes and at MEDIUM-LOW for 16 to 17 minutes, or until rice is tender; stir once.
6) Allow it to stand covered for 5 minutes.
7) Serve hot with a selection of Asian curries.