Spanish Olive Tapenade
|Spanish manzanilla olives||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), pitted|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Capers||1 Teaspoon, drained|
|Extra virgin spanish olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) In a food processor, combine the olives, garlic, and capers.
2) Process until just smooth.
3) With the processor running, slowly drizzle in the oil and lemon juice through the feed tube.
4) Now, process until blended well.
5) Transfer the mixture to a bowl and fold in the cilantro and pepper.
6) Let rest at room temperature for an hour, before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1108 Calories from Fat 972
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.6%
Saturated Fat 39.2 g196.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5715.7 mg238.2%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 40.6% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet