Molded Gazpacho Salad
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomato juice||1 Pint (1 Pint)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Small, diced (Peeled 1 Cup)|
|Cucumber||1 Medium, diced (Pared 1 Cup)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, diced (1/2 Cup)|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Avocado dressing||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a saucepan, dredge gelatin over 3/4 cup for tomato juice to soften.
2) Place the saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved.
3) Take the pan away from heat.
4) Stir in remaining tomato juice, the vinegar, salt, and few, drops Tabasco.
5) Place the saucepan over bowl of ice, stirring occasionally, until mixture is consistency of unbeaten egg white for about 15 minutes.
6) Lightly fold in tomato, cucumber, green pepper, onion, and chives until well mixed.
7) Rinse the 1 1/2 –quart mold in cold water.
8) Stream the tomato juice mixture into the mold.
9) Place the mold in refrigerator until firm for at least 6 hours.
10) Using a small spatula loosen the tomato mixture around the edge of mold.
11) Invert the mold over serving platter and place a hot, damp dishcloth over the mold, and shake gently to release.
12) Serve the Moulded Gazpacho Salad with Avocado Dressing.