Andalusian Steak Rolls
|Sherry vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Flank steak||1 1⁄4 Pound, butterflied|
|Bell peppers||2 , halved lengthwise and roasted (Red, Yellow, Or Orange)|
|Cilantro leaves||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Prosciutto/Other cured ham||8 (Thin Slices)|
|Pitted spanish manzanilla olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Golden raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spinach leaves||16 Small, stems removed|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Flat-leaf parsley/Watercress||2 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F before baking.
2) In a shallow baking dish, mix together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, cilantro, and black pepper for the marinade.
3) Mix in flank steak and toss it to coat well.
4) Marinate the steak in the covered dish at room temperature for about 2 hours, tossing it twice.
5) Rub off the excess marinade from the steak, saving it for later use and keep the meat open on a piece of aluminum foil on a flat surface.
6) Using roasted pepper halves cover the steak and top with 2 tablespoons of cilantro.
7) Cover the steak with prosciutto and then top the entire surface evenly with the olives and raisins.
8) Cover it with spinach leaves, remaining 1 table-spoon cilantro, and black pepper.
9) Carefully lift the end from the foil with the long side of the steak facing you and roll it tightly in jelly-roll style.
10) Fasten the steak roll at 2- to 3-inch intervals, using kitchen string.
11) In a shallow baking dish, place the meat and pour over the marinade.
12) Bake the meat in preheated oven for about 30 minutes until browned and cooked well, basting once or twice.
13) Take off the meat from oven and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
14) Place the steak on a carving board and slice it into 1/2-inch pieces.
15) On a decorative platter, arrange the meat slices and serve at once after garnishing with parsley or watercress.
Calories 508 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.7 mg16.9%
Sodium 655.9 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 35 g70.7%
Vitamin A 28.3% Vitamin C 110.7%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet