Chicken with Spanish Sauce
|Fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 Can)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a heavy skillet, heat oil.
3) Quickly brown the chicken pieces.
4) Remove to a casserole. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) In the same skillet, lightly brown the onions, green pepper and garlic.
6) Add to the casserole along with tomatoes, wine and herbs.
7) Cover and bake until the chicken is tender, for about 1 hour.
8) Serve over noodles or rice, accompanied by a salad.