Vegan Spanish Rice
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can, Reserve Liquid)|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
1) In a casserole dish, heat onion, green pepper and butter on high power for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes, stirring once in between.
2) Meanwhile, add sufficient amount of water to the reserved liquid to equal 2 cups measure.
3) Add this liquid to the along with tomatoes, rice, salt and pepper.
4) Cover the dish and cook on high power for 8 to 9 minutes.
5) Check the consistency and cook again, covered, on medium power for 15 to 17 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
6) Let the dish remain covered in the oven for 5 minutes.
7) Serve hot or warm with tossed green salad and a dessert, for a complete meal.
Calories 200 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.5%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 1961.2 mg81.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 3 g6.1%
Vitamin A 16.6% Vitamin C 57.8%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet