Spanish Style Duckling
|Duckling with giblets||5 Pound, cleaned (1 Bird)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Small onions||1⁄2 Pound, peeled|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and minced|
|Orange peel||1 , sliced|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|Canned stuffed olives||4 3⁄4 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Jar)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F before roasting.
2) In a covered saucepan, bring duckling giblets and neck combined with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a boil.
3) Allow simmering for 1 hour, saving stock.
4) Roll duckling in flour.
5) In a shallow roasting pan, place duckling and keep on rack to roast for 1 hour in preheated oven.
6) In a saucepan, mix together onions, garlic, orange peel, tomatoes, olives, saved duck stock, sherry, bay leaves, rosemary, pepper and remaining salt and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
7) Simmer for 15 minutes and then take off the duckling from pan.
8) Remove the fat and then place back the duckling to pan without rack.
9) Stir in onion mixture and bake duckling for 1 hour in a reduced oven at 350° F until duckling and onions are soft.
10) To a heated platter, transfer the duckling and onions and then bring the sauce to a boil after removing the fat from it.
11) Serve duckling hot with sauce poured over and if required, garnish with more orange slices and olives.