|Chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Salad oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mushroom crowns||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Pound (Peeled)|
|Green peas||1 Pound|
|Mussels/Clams||1 1⁄2 Pound (In Shells)|
|Minced clam||8 Ounce|
|Pre cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan cover chicken giblets, neck and back with water and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Measure 4 cups broth and keep aside.
3. Sprinkle remaining chicken with half the salt and brown lightly in oil.
4. Add celery and onions and cook about 5 minutes.
5. Cube ham and add.
6. Drain liquid from mushrooms and add to broth with remaining salt, saffron and Tabasco.
7. Add to chicken mixture with mushrooms, shrimp, peas and mussels and bring to boil.
8. Sprinkle in rice and toss until rice is dampened.
9. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
10. Serve the paella with garnish as desired.
Calories 1092 Calories from Fat 411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.5%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 372.8 mg124.3%
Sodium 1555 mg64.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 99 g197.2%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 71.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 74.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet