Easy Seville Orange Marmalade
|Frozen orange||1 1⁄2 Kilogram (Seville Type)|
|Water||1 3⁄4 Liter|
|Lemon juice||60 Milliliter|
|Granulated sugar||3 Kilogram, warmed|
1) In the pressure cooker, put the frozen oranges without thawing them and the water. Cover and bring to a 15-pound pressure for 20 minutes.
2) In water, cool the pan to easily and safely release the lid.
3) Prick the skin with a pin to test the oranges for tenderness. If the pin goes in easily, the oranges are done.
4) Into a colander, lift all the fruit and catch the juice, if any, in a bowl placed underneath and put it back in the pan.
5) Half the oranges and remove all the pipes. Place the pips in the pan, cover and bring to a 15-pound pressure for another 5 minutes.
6) In the meantime, slice all the orange peel shells with the help of a knife and fork on a wooden board.
7) In a large preserving pan, put the peel, lemon juice and warmed sugar, and strain in water and juice from the pressure cooker. Discard the pips. Stir the mixture over the heat to dissolve the sugar and quickly boil.
8) After 10 minutes, test for setting by spooning a small amount of the mixture into a cold sauce. When cool, the skin that has formed should wrinkle when pushed with the finger.
9) Pour the mixture into hot clean jars, cover and label.
10) Serve and use as preferred.
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.03 g0.04%
Saturated Fat 0 g0.02%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 0.01 mg0%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 26.1 g
Protein 0.09 g0.18%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 9.8%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.08%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet