Spanish Rice With Bacon Drippings
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bacon drippings/Butter /margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Liquid pepper sauce||1 Drop|
1. Cook the rice and keep it aside.
2. Take a microwave-oven-safe roast rack set and spread the bacon over it. Place it over glass baking dish and wrap it with paper towel and microwave it for about 4 minutes at high, until done. Crumble the bacon and keep it aside.
3. Take a 2-quart glass casserole and add bacon drippings, onion and green pepper into it. Microwave it for 4 minutes at high by stirring it only once.
4. In the meanwhile cut tomatoes and blend them with tomato liquid, seasonings and cooked rice , stir them well. Microwave the dish to serving temperature by covering it.
5. Spray bacon over the top.
6. Serve as required.