Spanish Pork Chops
|Pork loin chops||6|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Pimento||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F to 325° F
2. In a large casserole, heat the fat
3. When hot, arrange the chops and sear well on both sides until lightly browned.
4. Arrange onions, peppers, pimentos, tomatoes in single layers over the chops.
5. Drizzle the pimento juice, tomato liquid, Worcestershire sauce and sprinkle the seasonings.
6. Lastly layer the rice.
7. Cover the casserole with its lid and transfer it to the preheated oven.
8. Braise for 2 hours.
9. Carefully lift each chop with a slicer and place on individual plates.
10. Spoon the rice and vegetables around the sides as well.