Spanish Rice Or Vegetarian Paella
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Tomatoes/1/2 pint tinned tomatoes||8 Ounce, skinned|
|Hot water||1 Pinch, soaked|
|Cucumber||4 Ounce, peeled|
|Celery stick||3 , chopped|
|Green peppers||6 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped thyme/Marjoram||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Cheese||6 Ounce, grated|
|Nuts||4 Ounce, salted|
|Black olives/Fried mushrooms||1 Tablespoon, stoned|
|Red pepper strips||To Taste|
1) In a thick pan, gently saute the dry rice in oil until pale yellow.
2) Stir in the onions, garlic and salt, then cook for further 2-3 minutes.
3) Mix in the tomatoes and water, then cook covered over a low heat for 15 minutes.
4) Stir in the cucumber and celery, then cook further for 5 minutes.
5) Stir in the red and green peppers, cook further for about 5 minutes until the rice is just tender and almost dry.
6) Turn off the heat, stir in herbs, lemon rind and nuts.
7) Adjust the seasoning and remove in an ovenproof dish.
8) Garnish with olives and red pepper, srrinkle over the grated cheese.
9) Serve immediately or place under the grill and serve.