|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Honey/1/2 cup sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Take a bowl and sift the baking powder, flour and salt into it.
2. Beat the mixture to resemble coarse meal after cutting in the butter.
3. Take another bowl and whisk eggs and sugar in it. Blend it with dry ingredients with enough water to make about 1/3 cup of soft dough.
4. Spread the dough on floured board and knead it for about 10 minutes till it becomes smooth and elastic.
5. Cover the dough with towel and let it stand for another half an hour or longer.
6. Roll the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness and slit it out in 3-inch squares.
7. Fry it deeply for about 2 ½ - 3 minutes by turning them often until they brown out evenly. Do not attempt to fry 2 or 3 at time.
8. Place the fried Sopaipillas on a paper towel for draining.
9. Serve with cinnamon –sugar mixture dip or with honey.