Spanish Cake Dessert
|Stale sponge cake slices/Stale fruit cake slices||4 Large|
|Fruit||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Use Either Fresh Or Canned)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Either Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Light cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2. Take a lightly buttered ovenproof dish and position the fruit cake or sponge cake over it. Spread the fruit on its top.
3. Pour rum and orange juice over it and place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about 10 -15 minutes at 375 °F.
4. Combine little amount cream and cornstarch.
5. Whip the remaining cream with egg yolks and blend it with the sugar, cornstarch mixture and a pinch of salt.
6. Stir cook the custard to smooth consistency at low heat.
7. Whisk for another 3 minutes until the custard becomes glossy and thick.
8. Flavor it using vanilla extract.
9. Serve after spreading the custard over warm cake and fruit.