Spanish Paella Valenciana
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut into small pieces (1 Piece)|
|Chorizo sausage/Spanish/hot italian sausage||1 , sliced|
|Green peppers||3 , sliced|
|Pimientos||3 , sliced (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Finely diced salt pork||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||4 Medium, sliced|
|Tomatoes||6 Medium, peeled, cut into wedges|
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Saffron threads||2 Teaspoon, soaked|
|Chicken bouillon/Fish stock||1 Tablespoon|
|Shrimps||15 , cooked, shelled|
|Mussels/Clams||15 , well scrubbed|
|Green beans/Sliced green beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Artichoke/1 package, 9 ounces artichoke hearts, if fresh artichokes are used, remove tough outer leaves and chokes||2 Medium, sliced|
1) In a pan, cook the lobster then remove the meat, crack the claws and keep aside.
2) In large skillet or kettle, saute the lobster meat and garlic in the olive oil over a medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, then remove and keep aside.
3) In the same skillet evenly brown the chicken, add the lobster meat, chorizo slices, green peppers, pimientos, pork, onions and tomatoes.
Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
4) Stir in the rice and saffron, cook for further 5 minutes, pour the bouillon upto 1 inch above the rice.
5) Then cover and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
6) Stir in the shrimps, mussels, peas, and artichokes, add pepper to taste and cook covered for further 10 minutes or until the rice is soft, stirring occasionally.
7) Serve immediately in a nice dish.