Spanish Style Kidney
|Ox kidney||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||6 , peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Cooked spaghetti||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) From the kidney, remove the core and any fat and cut it into slices. Let the slices stand in cold water for about 30 minutes. Drain the meat and dry.
3) With flour to which a bit of salt and pepper has been added, coat the kidney.
4) Brown the kidney in heated fat. Remove it to casserole.
5) In the remaining fat, sauté the mushrooms and garlic for about 5 minutes and add vegetables to the kidney. Add basil to contents in the casserole.
6) Into the fat that has been left behind in the pan, stir in the remaining flour, mix properly and add tomatoes and Marsala. If needed, add some water. Stir till the mixture starts to boil and then pour it all over the casserole’s contents.
7) Cover the casserole and bake in preheated oven for about 120 minutes.
8) Serve hot with broiled bacon rolls and spaghetti after adjusting the seasoning.