|Yellow onions||3 Medium, peeled and sliced thin|
|Sweet peppers||2 , cored, seeded, and cut in strips 1/4inch wide|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , cored, seeded, and cut in strips 1/4inch wide|
|Lard/Olive oil / other cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled, cored, seeded, and coarsely chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut 1/4 inch wide and 2 inch long|
|Eggs||8 , lightly beaten|
1) In a large heavy skillet, stir-fry the onions and pepper in the lard and 1 tablespoon butter over a medium-low heat for about 10 minutes until softened.
2) Add the garlic and tomatoes and stir-fry for further 5-8 minutes until the mixture is almost dry.
3) Season well, stir in the ham, then cover and keep warm.
4) In a heavy 10" skillet, melt rest of the butter over a medium-low heat, then add the eggs, scramble until just set.
5) Turn off the heat, spread over the ham mixture, and stir gently into the egg surface.
6) Slice into wedges and serve with the crusty French bread and fresh green salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1798 Calories from Fat 1156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.9%
Saturated Fat 55.4 g276.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1929.9 mg643.3%
Sodium 3597.9 mg149.9%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.3 g77%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 93 g186.5%
Vitamin A 245% Vitamin C 778.4%
Calcium 33.8% Iron 64.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet