Spanish Green Beans
|Fresh green beans||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||5 , diced|
|Green peppers||2 , chopped|
1. Discard the strings of green beans and chop the beans in pieces of 11/2 inch.
2. Rinse the chopped beans firmly.
3. Heat butter and stir in onion and garlic in it.
4. Cook until tender.
5. Put beans, salt and pepper and cook the mixture for 10 minutes on low flame after covering.
6. Stir at regular intervals.
7. Put tomatoes and green pepper and cook for 25-30 more minutes with the lid on till the beans soften.
8. Serve the Spanish beans warm in a dish.