Spanish Bean Pot
|Dried pinto beans||1 Pound, boiled but not drained|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Crushed red chilies||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Hot Peppers)|
|Spanish onion||1 Large, peeled and sliced thin|
|Olive oil/Other cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mild yellow mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot strong coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large casserole dish, combine beans in their cooking liquid all ingredients except coffee and rum.
3. Cover casserole with its lid or with foil
4. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour
5. Remove from the oven and stir in coffee and rum,.
6. Re-cover and return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes
7. Taste for salt and adjust to your liking
8. Serve the dish with grilled meats and sausages.