Vegan Spanish Rice
|Yellow onion||1 Large, peeled and minced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Small|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, undrained (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
1) In a heavy saucepan, saute the onion in oil over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until softened.
2) Add and stir-fry the green pepper for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the rice and chili powder and cook until the rice is lightly brown.
4) Add rest of the ingredients, crush the tomatoes and simmer covered for about 20 minutes.
5) Remove the lid and and cook for further 5 minutes.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 950 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2098.8 mg87.5%
Total Carbohydrates 157 g52.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g86.9%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 20 g39.8%
Vitamin A 151.2% Vitamin C 340.7%
Calcium 21.8% Iron 50.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet