Vegan Spanish Rice
|Yellow onion||1 Large, peeled and minced|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Small|
|Uncooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Pound, undrained (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bay leaf||1 , crumbled|
1) In a heavy saucepan, saute the onion in oil over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until softened.
2) Add and stir-fry the green pepper for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in the rice and chili powder and cook until the rice is lightly brown.
4) Add rest of the ingredients, crush the tomatoes and simmer covered for about 20 minutes.
5) Remove the lid and and cook for further 5 minutes.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate.