|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Sweet pepper||To Taste|
|Shallots||2 (With Tops)|
|Stock||1 Quart, boiling|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Wheat bread slice||1|
1. Chop the vegetables very finely.
2. Cut peppers into thin strips.
3. In a pan, heat oil.
4. Add crushed garlic and cook for a minute.
5. Add onions, shallots and cook it gently over a low flame till it is limp but do not allow it to brown.
6. Add sliced pepper and tomatoes and cook for a further 15 minutes.
7. Add cabbage, thyme, bay leaf, salt, pepper and stock. Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for 1 ½ hours.
8. Serve Spanish Soup hot topped with thin slices of bread.