Chicken with Spanish Rice
|Uncooked long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Spanish rice mix||1 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
1. In a large microwaveable casserole dish, stir together the rice, rice mix, onion, salt and hot water.
2. Arrange the chicken pieces over the rice.
3. Cover the casserole with its lid or with cling film.
4. Place in the microwave and cook at HIGH for 10 minutes.
5. Turn the chicken pieces over.
6. Cover the dish again and return to the microwave.
7. Reduce the microwave power to 6.
8. Cook the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes, turning the pieces after 10 minutes, until chicken it tender and rice has absorbed all the water.
9. Remove and allow the chicken and chicken to stand covered for 5 minutes.
10. Puff the rice and mix the chicken gently into the rice.
11. Serve it hot straight out of the casserole.