Spanish Rice With Chicken Stock
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ground saffron||1 Pinch|
|Green pepper||1 , pith and seeds removed and chopped|
|Red pepper||1 , red pepper|
|Tomatoes||2 , skinned and chopped|
|Peeled shrimp||4 Ounce (Baby Shrimp)|
1) Sauté the onion in the oil and butter or margarine until translucent.
2) Add rice to this and heat gently, tossing, for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Mix the stock, saffron and green and red peppers to this.
4) Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes so that the excess stock gets absorbed.
5) Mix tomatoes, seasoning to taste and the prawns (shrimp) to this.
6) Heat gently, tossing for about 5 minutes.
7) Serve hot.