Pollo Con Naranjas
|Boneless chicken breasts||2|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves/4-5 whole cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unpeeled garlic||5 Clove (25 gm) (Whole)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Blanched almonds||3 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange/1 cup frozen orange juice||6 , juiced and strained|
|Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. If you do not have ground cinnamon and clove spice, in a small mortar and pestle, combine the two whole spices and grind them to a fine powder.
2. In a small bowl combine the spice powder with salt and pepper.
3. Season the chicken well with this spice seasoning.
4. Lightly crush the garlic cloves with the flat side of the blade of a knife.
5. In a skillet, heat oil over medium high flame
6. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and sauté it until it is evenly browned on all sides.
7. Add the onions, garlic and throw in the almonds. Sauté until onion is soft and transparent, about 2 minutes.
8. Stir in the juice and sherry and scatter in the raisins.
9. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is tender.
1. This Spanish style orange chicken goes best with steamed arroz or rice.