Iced Gazpacho Soup with Herb Croutons
|For the gazpacho|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||1 Kilogram, quartered and seeds removed (Very Ripe)|
|Spanish onion||1 , roughly chopped|
|Cucumber||3⁄4 (About 20 Centimeter)|
|Red pepper||1 Large, quartered|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|White bread slices||4 , crusts removed (A Day Old, If Possible, 2 1/2 Thick Slices)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||5 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Extra For Drizzling)|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
|Sherry vinegar/White wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ice cubes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Serving)|
|For herb croutons|
|White bread slice||4 (Thick Slices)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mixed dried herbs||2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F or 200 degree C
2. Remove 1 tablespoon each of finely chopped cucumber and pepper in a bowl. Reserve for garnish.
3. In a food processor or liquidizer jar, combine all the ingredients for the gazpacho.
4. Pulse in short bursts of 5 seconds each until blended into a smooth puree.
5. Pour into a large glass bowl.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning.
7. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour or until required.
8. Cut the crusts from the bread and cube into 1 cm pieces.
9. Toss bread cubes with olive oil, herbs and salt and spread on a baking sheet.
10. Toast in the oven for 10-12 minutes, sautéing a few of times until golden and crisp.
11. Remove from oven and cool.
12. Remove the soup from the fridge.
13. If too thick, then add a little cold water to thin it.
14. Stir in the parsley.
15. Ladle the soup into deep dish soup plates or cups.
16. Add ice cubes to chill.
17. Top with chopped cucumber and red pepper
18. Drizzle olive oil around and grind some pepper
19. Accompany with the herbed croutons.