|Red bell peppers||2|
|Large tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned, seeded and coarsely chopped (450 gram, juicy)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|For garlic croutons|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), halved|
|Bread slices||2 , crusts removed, cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Green bell pepper||1 , diced (for garnish)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , diced (for garnish)|
|Cucumber||1 , seeded and finely diced (for garnish)|
|Scallions||2 , chopped (for garnish)|
|Ice cubes||4 (for garnish)|
|Fresh parsley sprigs/Other herbs||4 (for garnish)|
1. Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the cores and seeds, then chop coarsely. Peel the cucumber, cut it in half lengthwise, then cut into fourths. Remove the seeds with a teaspoon, then chop the flesh coarsely.
2. Put the chopped red bell peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes with the olive oil and sherry vinegar in a food processor and process until smooth. Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill for at least 4 hours.
3. Meanwhile, make the garlic croutons. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute, stirring, for 2 minutes to flavor the oil.
4. tift out and discard the garlic. Add the diced bread and cook until golden on all sides. Drain well on crumpled paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt. Store in an airtight container if not using at once.
5. To serve, place each of the vegetable garnishes in bowls for guests to add to their soup. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Put ice cubes into soup bowls then ladle over the soup. Top with sprigs of parsley and serve at once.