Sea Food Paella
|Seasoned yellow rice||2 Pound (Arroz Amarillo)|
|Mussels||1 Pound (Tahong)|
|Squid||1⁄2 Pound, cleaned|
|Cooked clams||1 Pound (Almejas)|
|Crabs||8 Medium, cleaned|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, cleaned|
|Tomato sauce||43 Ounce|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pimiento||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), sliced|
|Onions||3 Medium, diced|
|Garlic head||1 , minced|
|Spanish saffron||1 Pinch|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Combine seasoned yellow rice and water and soak for 3 hours.
2. Heat a Paellera or large pan then pour-in olive oil.
3. When the oil is hot, saute the garlic and onions.
4. Put-in the crabs, mussels, shrimps, clams, squid, Tabasco sauce, salt, and ground black pepper. Cover the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until the juices come out.
5. Add tomato sauce then cover the pan. Cook for a minute.
6. Stir then simmer for 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer the cooked seafoods on a clean plate.
7. With the remaining juices and tomato sauce on the pan, put-in the rice soaked in water and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add the Spanish saffron then gently stir. Cover the pan and continue cooking in low heat until the rice are done.
9. Top the cooked yellow rice with pimiento then arrange the cooced seafoods over it.
10. Serve with some lemon or lime wedges.
11. Share and enjoy!
Calories 970 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 381.1 mg127%
Sodium 1313.3 mg54.7%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g38.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 90 g179.4%
Vitamin A 54.7% Vitamin C 95%
Calcium 35.7% Iron 121.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet