Josie Mccarthy'S Chicken Wings with Spanish Rice
|Chicken wings||2 Pound|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes with liquid||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Powdered saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pimentos||2 , diced|
1. Wash the chicken wings, drain them and pat dry.
2. Heat the oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft and lightly browned, stirring constantly.
3. Remove the onions from the skillet and set aside. Add the chicken wings to the remaining oil in the pan and cook, uncovered, until evenly browned, turning frequently.
4. Place the chicken wings and onions in a saucepan. Add the rice, salt, pepper, tomatoes and chicken stock. Dissolve the saffron in one tablespoon hot water and add to the chicken.
5. Cover and simmer forty-five to fifty minutes, or until the rice and chicken are tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Add the peas and pimentos, stirring gently into the rice. Reheat and serve.