Calamari Brown Rice Paella
|Brown rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 , chopped|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red capsicum||1 , diced|
|Green capsicum||1 , diced|
|White wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fish fillets||1 Kilogram, cubed|
|Green prawns||24 , peeled with tails intact and deveined|
|Calamari hoods||2 , sliced into rings|
1. Combine rice and chicken stock together in a large dish. Cook for 45-50 minutes on high, until tender.
2. Combine oil,garlic and onion together. Cook for 2-3 minutes on high.
3. Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for 3-5 minutes on high, stirring halfway through cooking.
4. Stir in peas,capsicums, turmeric and paprika. Cook for 5-6 minutes on high, stir in cooked rice.
5. Heat white wine for 4-5 minutes on high. Add fish fillets. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes on medium. Remove fish.
6. Stir in prawns and calamari. Cook a further 8-10 minutes on medium until prawns turn pink. Remove from wine.
7. Place mussels in remaining white wine. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium high until mussels open.
8. Gently fold seafood into rice mixture.
9. Reheat Paella for 20-25 minutes on medium.