Spanish Lechon Paksiw
|Lechon/Lechon kawali||4 Pound (Left Over)|
|Lechon sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Follow The Link For Our Homemade Authentic Lechon Sauce Recipe)|
|Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Whole peppercorn||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried bay leaves||8|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in the beef stock. Bring to a boil.
2. Put-in the garlic and onions then cook until the texture becomes soft.
3. Add the whole peppercorns, dried bay leaves, and soy sauce.
4. Put-in the leftover Lechon and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Add the vinegar and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the sugar and Lechon sauce then simmer for another 5 minutes.
7. Dash-in some salt to taste then stir.
8. Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
9. Serve hot with rice. Share and enjoy!
Calories 1195 Calories from Fat 213
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.6 mg79.5%
Sodium 4198.3 mg174.9%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g48.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 127.8 g
Protein 91 g182.8%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 24.7%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet