|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (397 Gram)|
|Spanish onion||1 , skinned and finely sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and sliced|
|Green pepper||To Taste, sliced|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Corn flour||15 Milliliter (1 Leveled Tablespoon)|
1. Preheat a browning dish to maximum, according to the manufacturer's instructions, adding the oil and butter for the last 15 seconds. (Or, put the oil and butter into a large shallow ovenproof casserole and microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes until hot.)
2. Without removing the dish from the oven, quickly place the chicken pieces, skin side down, in the hot fat. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes, then turn the pieces over.
3. Push the tomatoes, with their juice, through a sieve. Stir this into the chicken with the onion, peppers, basil and seasonings. Cover with the lid or cling film and continue to cook on HIGH for 12 minutes, re-positioning the chicken twice during the cooking time.
4. Reduce the setting to LOW and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the chicken is tender.
5. Remove the pieces to a warmed serving dish. Blend the cornflour to a paste with a little cold water and stir this into the juices. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes, stirring once. Pour over the chicken and serve.