|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Cooked waxy potatoes||1 Pound, sliced (500 Grams)|
|Eggs||6 , beaten|
|Milk||2 Fluid Ounce (50 Milliliters)|
|Mild cheddar cheese||7 Ounce, grated (200 Grams)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. The evening before, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a low heat and add the onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until golden, and then add the cooked potatoes and heat through.
2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, beat together the eggs and milk, add the cheese and season lightly. Add the potatoes, onion and garlic to the egg mixture and stir well.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the pan then return the potato and egg mixture into the pan and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, until cooked through. Shake the pan occasionally so that the underside doesn't stick too much. Use a wooden spoon to turn over the egg in the base of the pan, to allow the middle to cook through.
4. When the eggs have set, run a palette knife or fish slice underneath the tortilla to loosen it, remove the pan from the heat and put a plate over the top. Use an oven glove to turn the pan over to turn the tortilla out on to the plate. Slide the tortilla back into the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes. Turn out on to a plate and allow cooling.
5. Enjoy 3 slices for dinner and wrap the rest securely and refrigerate. Use 1 portion for the
lunchbox next day, and eat the remainder for dinner/in a lunchbox within 3 days.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1973 Calories from Fat 1047
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 126 g193.1%
Saturated Fat 49.8 g249%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1484.8 mg494.9%
Sodium 2167.6 mg90.3%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 105 g210.1%
Vitamin A 72.6% Vitamin C 76.1%
Calcium 190.7% Iron 189.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet