In this month's Chef Maxwell's Kitchen, the chef shows us a delicious tuna recipe with a Spanish twist Tapas!
Red bell pepper
1 Large, roasted and finely sliced
For the dressing
1 Teaspoon, minced
Salt and pepper
1. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, add lemon, garlic, capers, salt and pepper. Continue whisking and stir in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
2. In a plate, add the tuna fillets and coat it well with 2 tablespoon of the dressing. Set it aside for 1 minute.
3. In a saute pan on medium high, heat oil for pan frying the tuna. Once the oil is hot, place the tuna fillets and pan fry them on each side for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat or until light golden brown and crisp.
4. In the bowl with the liquid dressing, add the roasted pepper slices and mix well. Set it aside.
5. Once the tuna fillets are cooked. Take one fillet and slice it finely leaving the other as a whole fillet.
6. On a serving plate, add about 1 tablespoon of the roasted red pepper slices in the center and places a few slices of the tuna fillet on one side of the pepper slices. Garnish it with basil leaves.
7. Serve this tuna and roasted pepper tapas over a glass of cherry.