Tuna And Roasted Pepper Tapas
|Tuna steak||6 Ounce|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, roasted and finely sliced|
|Corn oil||1 Ounce|
|For the dressing|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Medium|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Salt and pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, add lemon, garlic, capers, salt and pepper. Continue whisking and stir in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
2. In a plate, add the tuna fillets and coat it well with 2 tablespoon of the dressing. Set it aside for 1 minute.
3. In a saute pan on medium high, heat oil for pan frying the tuna. Once the oil is hot, place the tuna fillets and pan fry them on each side for 5 - 7 minutes on medium heat or until light golden brown and crisp.
4. In the bowl with the liquid dressing, add the roasted pepper slices and mix well. Set it aside.
5. Once the tuna fillets are cooked. Take one fillet and slice it finely leaving the other as a whole fillet.
6. On a serving plate, add about 1 tablespoon of the roasted red pepper slices in the center and places a few slices of the tuna fillet on one side of the pepper slices. Garnish it with basil leaves.
7. Serve this tuna and roasted pepper tapas over a glass of cherry.
Calories 480 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 456.7 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 22 g44%
Vitamin A 79.3% Vitamin C 160.6%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet