|Gelatin||1 Tablespoon (unflavored)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Soak gelatine in cold water for 10 min.
2. Scald milk in a double boiler.
3. Beat egg yolks slightly, add sugar and salt.
4. Add hot milk and cook over hot water or low heat, stirring constantly, until it coats a spoon, forming a thin custard.
5. Remove from heat, add vanilla.
6. Pour the mixture over the soaked gelatine, stir until dissolved and cool.
7. When the mixture is beginning to set, beat well and fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites.
8. Pour into molds rinsed out with cold water or into serving dishes.
9. Let set, serve with whipped cream if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 404.1 mg134.7%
Sodium 762.8 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 85.3 g
Protein 35 g69.7%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 43.7% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet