1. Boil the water and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions or until al dente (tender crisp)
2. Simultaneously in another saucepan pour in extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add half of the strawberries and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in tomato puree, balsamic vinegar and remaining half of the strawberries. Cook for another 10 minutes.
4. Drain the cooked spaghetti and add to the sauce. Toss to coat well.
5. Pile onto serving plates and garnish with basil. Serve warm.