1. Place a saucepan over high heat
2. Add boiled water into the pan (about three quarters of the pan), add salt, olive oil and pasta
3. When water is boiling reduce the heat to low. Cook according to package directions, about 10 minutes. Stir the pasta every 2 minutes
4. Drain the water from the pan.
5. Add butter to the pasta and toss to coat.
From a starving college student to a kitchen connoisseur: not only is pasta the most affordable meal option, but it's also the easiest to master and tasty in all of its forms. You can whip it up when you're craving a homemade meal, and even host a pasta dinner for a few friends. Follow the steps in this video, and you, too, can call it your specialty.