Spaghetti With White Clam Sauce
|Grated pecorino romano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Clams||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||2 , chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bottled clam juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a skillet add olive oil and heat.
2. Add garlic and onion. Saute for 5 minutes till the onions are transparent.
3. In a skillet combine liquid, red and black pepper, clam juice and parsley.
4. Boil the sauce.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes keeping the skillet uncovered.
6. In another cooking pot add 4 quarts water. Boil.
7. Add spaghetti and stir slowly. Cook for 7 minutes till spaghetti is tender.
8. Drain excess water and place the pasta in bowls.
9. Serve Spaghetti With White Clam Sauce topped with grated cheese.