Spaghetti With Vegetarian Meat Balls
|Onions||3 , diced|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||30 Ounce (1 No. 2 1/2 Can)|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Celery stalks||1 , chopped|
|Carrots||3 , grated|
|Eggs||5 , beaten|
|Matzo meal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked green peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Spaghetti||1 Pound, cooked, drained|
|Grated swiss cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Take a skillet and heat oil in it. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook for about 10 minutes.
2) Add tomato paste, tomatoes and oregano.
3) Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
4) Adjust the seasonings, if required.
5) Take a saucepan and heat half the butter in it. Add onions, carrots and celery. Cook for about 15 minutes. Let stand to cool completely.
6) Add 1 cup matzo meal, eggs, peas, pepper and salt. Shape the mixture to small balls.
7) Roll the prepared balls in the remaining matzo meal.
8) Take a heavy skillet and melt remaining butter in it. Add the balls and fry until brown.
9) Place the meat balls over spaghetti and pour the sauce. Serve with grated cheese.