A Different Spaghetti
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), chopped|
|Italian plum tomatoes||3 (Fresh Or Canned, Red Variety)|
|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fennel seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh herbs/Chopped / dried herbs - 1/2 tablespoon||5 Tablespoon (Combined Herbs Such As Basil, Thyme, Oregano, And/Or Rosemary)|
|Hot and sweet sausages/Each hot italian and sweet sausage, whole if links - 3/4 pounds / patties - 1/2 inch||1 1⁄2 Pound (Homemade)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper/Red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Spaghetti||14 Ounce (2 Packages, 7 Ounce Each)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (Imported)|
1) Cut up the tomatoes roughly cook spaghetti in boiling water 9 to 10 minutes, drain well.
2) In a heavy saucepan, heat the olive oil.
3) Add the onions and garlic and saute until tender.
4) Add tomatoes to the pot.
5) Stir in half of the juice from the cans, along with the fennel seeds and 2 tablespoons of the herbs.
6) Cover the pan and simmer for 2 hours.
7) In a seperate pan, fry the sausage, drain off fat, cut into slices or break into pieces and add to the sauce.
8) Adjust the seasoning of the sauce and add the remainder of the juice, vinegar, tomato paste, sugar, salt and peppers as necessary to have a rich flavor.
9) Move lid to half cover, and simmer over very low heat for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally, so that the sauce does not scorch on the bottom of the pan.
10) At this point, the sauce may be frozen or refrigerated for several days.
11) Taste sauce, add the remaining fresh herbs, sauce the spaghetti with some of the sauce, passing the rest.
12) Serve the saucy spaghetti with the grated Parmesan.
13) Leftovers may be mixed together and refrigerated or frozen to be reheated later.
Calories 566 Calories from Fat 119
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.5 mg27.8%
Sodium 1880.9 mg78.4%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 55 g110.3%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 26.2%
Calcium 24% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet