Spaghetti Squash Primavera
|Spaghetti squash||3 Pound (1 Medium Sized)|
|Medium zucchini||1⁄2 Pound|
|Red pepper||1 Small|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , minced|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Pint (1 Cup)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Dash|
1. Using fork, prick surface of spaghetti squash.
2. In large kettle cover the prepared squash with cold water and bring to boiling.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 50 to 55 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with fork.
4. Cut zucchini diagonally into Winch-wide slices and broccoli into flowerets saving stalks to use in another.
5. Remove and discard stem, ribs and seeds from red pepper.
6. Cut pepper lengthwise into one inch-wide strips.
7. Trim ends and remove strings from snow peas.
8. Drain spaghetti squash cool slightly, cut in half lengthwise, scrape out and discard seeds.
9. With fork, scrape down squash lengthwise, carefully separating meat into strands and set aside.
10. In large skillet, heat oil and over medium heat, saute zucchini, broccoli, red pepper and shallot 3 to 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
11. Add snow peas, cook 1 minute longer, remove vegetables from heat and set aside.
12. In small saucepan, heat cream and butter just until mixture begins to boil.
13. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and toss with spaghetti squash.
14. Spoon onto platter and arrange vegetables in center.
15. Serve with additional Parmesan, if desired.
Calories 379 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.9%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.5 mg26.5%
Sodium 233.5 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 43.7% Vitamin C 139.6%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet