|Green peppers||2 Medium, cut into strips|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Veal cutlets/Boneless steaks||1 Pound, cut into bite-size pieces|
|Canned low sodium whole tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Dry red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Small, crushed (small)|
|Hot cooked spaghetti||2 Cup (32 tbs) (no salt added)|
1) Take a heavy skillet and heat oil in it. Saute green pepper in it and cook until tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2) Season the veal with pepper and place in skillet.
3) Cook the veal over medium heat until light brown on both sides.
4) Add green pepper along with all remaining ingredients except spaghetti.
5) Simmer, uncovered, for about 1 hour or until veal becomes tender.
6) Serve over hot spaghetti and enjoy!
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.2%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg30%
Sodium 95.4 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 31 g61.1%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 102%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet