Sauteed Vegetables With Spaghetti Squash
|Spaghetti squash||1 Medium|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, sliced|
|Grated carrot||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1) Clean the squash and cut into half lengthwise.
2) Discard the seeds.
3) Put the squash with cut side down in a Dutch oven.
4) Add 2 inches of water and boil the squash.
5) Cook for 25 minutes.
6) Drain the squash and allow to cool.
7) Remove the spaghetti-like strand and measure around 3 cups of strands.
8) Take a skillet and heat the butter.
9) Add onion and saute for 2 minutes.
10) Put carrots, green peppers and zucchini. Saute for 5 more minutes and then add tomatoes, parsley along with salt and pepper.
11) Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
12) Take the vegetables and mix with squash strands.
13) Toss them well.
14) Portion onto 6 individual serving plates.
15) Sprinkle cheese before serving.