Whole Wheat Spaghetti With Red Clam Sauce
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and finely diced|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, crushed in puree (1 can)|
|Canned clams||6 1⁄2 Ounce (1 can)|
|Dried basil/2 tablespoons, fresh basil chopped||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Whole wheat spaghetti||12 Ounce|
1) Take a pan and heat the oil.
2) Cook the carrots for 8 minutes.
3) Put garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
4) Add tomatoes along with the puree and boil the sauce on low heat.
5) Drain the clams. Keep aside 1/4 cup of clams and mix the remaining clams into the tomatoes. Add basil and fennel seeds.
6) Boil the mixture for 1 minute.
7) Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti and drain in a bowl.
8) Keep the spaghetti in 6 serving plates and top with tomato sauce.
9) Garnish the dish with reserved clams.