Parmesan Mushroom Spaghetti
Garlic - 3 small cloves, minced
Crisco - 3 tablespoons
Tomatoes - 2 cans (29 ounces each), cut up
Tomato paste - 1 can (12 ounces)
Beef bouillon - 4 cubes
Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Dried oregano - 2 teaspoons
Basil - 1 teaspoon
Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Bay leaves - 3
Sliced mushrooms - 2 cans (6 ounces each), drained
Parmesan cheese - 1 tablespoon, grated
Spaghetti - 2 pounds, cooked and drained
Eggs - 3, beaten
Milk - 3/4 cup
Soft bread crumbs - 2 cups
Parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup, grated
Salt - 1 teaspoon
Beef - 2 pounds, ground
Italian sausage - 1 pound
1. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
2. In a Dutch oven, heat Crisco and sautÃ© onion and garlic until tender; do not brown.
3. Add 3 cups water, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, bouillon cubes and all seasonings; bring the mixture to boiling.
4. Then, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 2 hours with occasional stirring.
5. Remove and discard bay leaves; let it cool down completely.
6. In another large bowl, mix together eggs, milk, crumbs, cheese, and salt.
7. Add beef and sausages; mix well.
8. Form medium size balls; about 42 meatballs.
9. In a shallow baking dish, place meatballs and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
10. Drain fat and cool completely.
11. Refrigerate or freeze sauce and meatballs separately.
12. If frozen, thaw sauce and meatballs before heating.
13. In a shallow pan, bring the sauce to boiling and then add meatballs, mushrooms and cheese.
14. Simmer for about 30 minutes until a thick gravy is formed.
15. Serve hot and delicious meatballs over a nest of freshly prepared spaghetti.
16. Sprinkle top with some parmesan cheese.